 General / 16409
Re: drafting paper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 02:55:24 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
...I just posted some drafting paper I made to LEGO scale in Corel
Draw to the brickshelf gallery (warning: they are PDF files and are
huge downloads!) Use and enjoy :-)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wubwub/drafting-paper/

If you have trouble downloading and viewing PDF files, then you should try
the following proven method:

1st, you verify that you actually have the Acrobat Reader program installed;
if not, then get it free from Adobe via internet download at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html and install it.

2nd, you go to http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wubwub/drafting-paper/.

3rd, you click the link to the file "lego_overhead_paper.pdf", a document in
Portable Document Format (.pdf) viewable with Acrobat Reader, either as a
browser plug-in or a separate program; if the browser plug-in does not
launch Acrobat and display the document, then you proceed to the next step,
else stop here.

4th, you right-click the link to the .pdf file to open a context menu.

5th, in the context menu you  click "Save target as".

6th, in the download dialog box you enter a location to store the file, you
download it, and you open it after the download finishes.

Acrobat offers some great features if the writer provides them in the
document.  Zoom, for example, magnifies details clearly only if the
document's creator set the resolution high enough with the Acrobat PDF
Writer.  Acrobat also provides reliable printing, bookmarks, and a single
file.  Even Lego uses Adobe Acrobat PDF to publish building instructions for
the High Altitude Aerial Tram and the Grabber Arm at
http://www.legomindstorms.com/ (then click "Tips & Tricks").

Enjoy viewing, Miles Gentry