 Education / 86
85  |  87
Subject:
Writing A Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.datfest, lugnet.publish, lugnet.edu
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 01:28:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I just borrowed this book from my local library. I haven't gone through
every bit, but so far it's extremely helpful -- speaking here as one who's
never written an official proposal. (at least not yet)

     Proposal Planning and Writing, second edition
     by Miner, Miner, and Griffith. ORYX press, 1998
     my library's call number: 658.15224

It has a sort of workbook format and is up to date as far as using the
internet (many URLs). It covers all types of documents like government
grants, corporate funding and private donations. Also outlines appropriate
procedures, gives tips, and critiques sample proposals.

I'd recommend it to anyone searching for help in making their project happen
-- such as a charitable, educational, LEGO-related endeavor.

:-)

But even if you have a project that doesn't require an official proposal,
you'd probably benefit from flipping through this, or something like it. If
nothing else, it asks tough questions. nitty gritty, clear focus, ultimate
purpose, reality checking stuff.

Any other suggested sources of help in proposal writing?

-Suz

This and related books are available at Amazon.com
LUGNET participates in the Amazon.com Associates Program. Inserting
"/lugnet/" in a product's URL at purchase time helps LUGNET to earn a
percentage of that sale which is much appreciated. Questions? Visit
www.amazon.com/associates/

Proposal Planning and Writing:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/157356141X/

Winning Grants Step by Step: