 Dear LEGO / 5150
Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:59:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.color, Burkhard Schloemer wrote:

Here we have a petition, Ben’s letter, an attempt to use the growing influence
of AFOLs in order to improve our hobby and to help reverse the worst decision
LEGO has ever made while it is still a possibility.

And we also have a letter of support.

Some AFOLs think it's the worst decision LEGO has ever made, while others
support LEGO and their right to make decisions about their own products, even if
they disagree with them.

A letter signed by a large
number of the most skilled builders around, many of them second to none, not
even to the model designers at Billund. (For the record: I just rate „fairly
decent“...)

And then there is YOU.

If opinions are weighted by building skill, I'd have to say LEGO has no choice
but to listen to AFOLs, because even a fairly decent AFOL can outbuild an
average kid.

However, I don't think LEGO looks at it that way.

I stopped trying to talk sense into every kid or guy who feels entitled to mouth
his opinion on the color issue. What makes YOU feel entitled to chime in when
the most dedicated AFOLs in the world try to actually improve the situation
(futile as it may be), beside that it is so easy to do? Your opinion carries no
weight at all.

In reality, I suspect this opinion carries as much weight as any.

It's a shame everyone must either be a whiner, or an @$$-kisser.  Aren't there
any other options?

Steve