 Color / 943
Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:47:55 GMT

Ooooh! :( What a pessimistic AFOL you are, William!

In lugnet.color, William R. Ward wrote:
For one thing, you're mistaking LEGO's efforts to grow a segment of their market
with "influence."

Yes, they're trying to grow a segment of their market. That gives "us" influence
as customers, little as it may be. Did we get SYSTEM-color packs with gray
plates and bricks through Jake, or didn't we?

For another, it's NOT still a possibility.  Jake has stated in no uncertain
terms that the new colors are permanent.

Unfortunately Jake can't see into the future. Does "Maersk blue" ring a bell?
And his buddies at LEGO HQ have proven to be up for hasty and stupid decisions
occasionally (DUPLO->Explore..?). Don't give up so easily! Sometimes they DO
have bright moments as well.

And the company has invested millions
of dollars in production costs and inventory.  It's too late to change it back

I'ven been lectured I can't possibly know details about LEGO's internal affairs.
It's your shoe now ...

Yes, I agree that my opinion carries no weight at all.  Neither does yours.  Or
Ben's.  Or any other AFOL's, except maybe Jake's.  It's their business, not
ours.

Yes, it's their business. And as insignificant as I (or others) may be, we are
customers. Furthermore, we show off our own creations at events or on the net.
We talk about LEGO.
We don't fit any of TLG's traditional focus groups, but the market is changing
dramatically. I think TLG should not want me (and other AFOLs) to be unhappy
with them if they can avoid it so easily.
Heads up!

"Primus" Burkhard
Brick Commander (LEGO & BattleTech)
Official BattleTech & Mechwarrior Fan-Site
http://www.BrickCommander.com