 Color / 935
Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:34:29 GMT

In lugnet.color, Burkhard Schloemer wrote:
How pathetic. And not even funny. What’s the point beside showing you’ve already
earned a master degree in sucking up?

Here we have a petition, Ben’s letter, an attempt to use the growing influence
of AFOLs in order to improve our hobby and to help reverse the worst decision
LEGO has ever made while it is still a possibility.

For one thing, you're mistaking LEGO's efforts to grow a segment of their market
with "influence."

For another, it's NOT still a possibility.  Jake has stated in no uncertain
terms that the new colors are permanent.  And the company has invested millions
of dollars in production costs and inventory.  It's too late to change it back
now.

[...] Your opinion carries no
weight at all. Of course, you’re entitled to it - but that’s about it.

Yes, I agree that my opinion carries no weight at all.  Neither does yours.  Or
Ben's.  Or any other AFOL's, except maybe Jake's.  It's their business, not
ours.