 Dear LEGO / 5147
Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:42:54 GMT

How pathetic. And not even funny. What’s the point beside showing you’ve already
earned a master degree in sucking up?

Here we have a petition, Ben’s letter, an attempt to use the growing influence
of AFOLs in order to improve our hobby and to help reverse the worst decision
LEGO has ever made while it is still a possibility. A letter signed by a large
number of the most skilled builders around, many of them second to none, not
even to the model designers at Billund. (For the record: I just rate „fairly
decent“...)

And then there is YOU.

I stopped trying to talk sense into every kid or guy who feels entitled to mouth
his opinion on the color issue. What makes YOU feel entitled to chime in when
the most dedicated AFOLs in the world try to actually improve the situation
(futile as it may be), beside that it is so easy to do? Your opinion carries no
weight at all. Of course, you’re entitled to it - but that’s about it. You could
as well declare: the color of the sky is cleary and truely ORANGE (having your
orange sunglasses on) but what the heck and would everybody please just stop
complaining?!

You don’t like reading anything about „color change“ in general?  Too bad for
you. This subject naturally concerns every serious model designer, this subject
pops up every time I consider spending money on sets and every time I spend the
money at Bricklink instead. And this subject is here to stay for another while.

In fact you should rather support the SYSTEM-color movement, in your own best
interest. Really! Or is there a better way to get rid of the (most serious)
„complainers“ than getting the SYSTEM-colors back? ;)

"Primus" Burkhard
Brick Commander (LEGO & BattleTech)
Official BattleTech & Mechwarrior Fan-Site
http://www.BrickCommander.com