 Dear LEGO / 3289
Re: Brown slopes (was re: Sand Red Stuff (Was: Re: Tiles!))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:02:10 GMT

This would make the most sense, especially if Brad said "we will make X packs of
3445, Y of 3498, Z of 3496, and A of 5151, and when they're sold out, that's it
until we mold the next color.

That would virtually guarantee that each run would sell out (most likely
extremely quickly unless they molded legions of packs), and people would order
them as they came out to make sure they got some.

They could be a S@H online exclusive, no need to print them into the catalog
(just continue selling the colors they do now in the catalog).

I'd LOVE to have all these packs in red, sand red, all shades of grey (including
the ultra-light grey (in Mosaic sets)), black, white, brown, tan, and maybe some
other colors ;-)  I'd buy TONS of grey, so I could mix the colors on a single
roof.

Mike Walsh wrote:

My ideal solution?

Offer 3445, 3498, 3496 along with a pack like 5151 in a single color (or
maybe two colors) and change the color(s) every six months or so.  I don't
think it is likely that it will happen but we can always wish!

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/