 Dear LEGO / 3280
3279  |  3281
Subject:
Sand Red Stuff (Was: Re: Tiles!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:15:30 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Larry Pieniazek writes:

The folks pointing out that doing sand red in just a few sizes did us no
favors are spot on (of course I realise that it's driven by what sets had
sand red and in what sizes).

I've actually been wondering about this.  Do we have current sets with Sand Red
in the sizes we see in bulk?  Of course we don't know if they are for 2002 sets
until next year but take the Sand Red 2x4 Roof Peek (Or the Brown 2x4 roof peek
for that matter).  I have a hard time believing that this part is available, or
will be available in a set.  I say that because when was the last time a 2x4 45
degree roof peek was in a set in any color?

Also Sand Red Bricks are actually have better size variation that both Dark
Grey and Tan.  Those you only have 2x4 and 1x2s.  Sand red you at least get
2x4, 2x2, 1x6, and 1x2s.  That is at least a potentially useful mix,  I would
have just prefered 1x4s over the 1x6s and the addition of 1x1s which have been
ignored all together from a bulk perspective.

Anyway I guess I only partially agree with Brad's assesment that they tag on to
existing production runs.  I think the mostly (or even partially) tag on to
existing production runs.  Although I guess all the Sand Red could have been a
non-set production run, it could have been for a Mini-Land type production run.

Hmmm.  All just speculation and my thinking out loud.  Anyone else have any
thoughts?

I just hope LD can do something to fill out the line.  I fear that they will
see no one is buying Brown or Sand Red slopes and say "well nobody wants them
so we won't add any other sizes".  Of course the exact opposite would be the
case if they filled out the Slope Size Selection, they would fly off the
shelves IMO.

Eric K.