 Dear LEGO / 3281
Re: Sand Red Stuff (Was: Re: Tiles!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:33:18 GMT

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message
news:GGq25u.EJ0@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

Hmmm.  All just speculation and my thinking out loud.  Anyone else have • any
thoughts?

I just hope LD can do something to fill out the line.  I fear that they • will
see no one is buying Brown or Sand Red slopes and say "well nobody wants • them
so we won't add any other sizes".  Of course the exact opposite would be • the
case if they filled out the Slope Size Selection, they would fly off the
shelves IMO.

Eric K.

To the best of my knowledge the 2x2 in sand red doesn't exist (based on
checking out the LoM sets at Frank Filz's place).  The 2x3 exists, but not
2x2.  At least with brown it is possible to find the 2x2 slope.

The MTT (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7184) has a bunch (more than a dozen)
so a plain (flat), structurally sound roof is at least possible.  The Battle
Droid Carrier (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7126) has six 2x2 brown slopes.

Granted buying these can be an expensive (MTT - $50, BDC - $10) way to get
brown slopes but the MTT has a pretty good selection of parts.  Had I not
found a couple of MTT sets on clearance at Target after Christmas I don't
think I would have bought nearly as many bulk brown roof packs as I have
(probably 10 or 12 of the regular slopes and 3 of the peaks).

I too would like to see the slope offering provide more elements in fewer
colors than vice-versa.  It shouldn't require a scavenger hunt through the
LEGO product line in order to make a reasonably complex roof.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot