 Dear LEGO / 2852 (-10)
  Re: Going Against the Grain

(...) But everyone IS entitled to their opinion and... Sorry, I had to. I agree though, "this set sucks but is good for parts" is becoming redundant and has reached the level of "me too" posts. I think a lot of the Star Wars ships are very good in (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

(...) No. All the posts lately are very inflammatory, and I don't get it. It would be different if Lego was putting out 'nothing but' juniorization and z-nap. But we've got model class x-wings, lego direct, and other stuff that I see as very (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mark Sandlin writes: <snip> (...) Oh, Yesss! (...) (reading) "... inverse slope computers ..." ... (reading again) "... INVERSE slope computers ..." (digging through the depths of childhood memories) "Weren't those the cool (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

(...) I'm not sure about anyone else, but I couldn't care less if my LEGO is "collectible." I love my bricks because I BUILD with them. Most of what I love about Classic Space is the CS logo. If LEGO would release a CS decorated brick pack, that (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

(...) Interesting you should say that. A diorama at the Orlando LIC had a hive of the Insectoids burying the skeletons of Roboforce bodies. It was pretty wild. The Roboforce was mounting a rescue in another corner. I guess they were too late ;-) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

(...) I know what you mean, I'm not arguing Mark's point. I'm currently shelling out big bucks for pirate pieces. But, this was not the string I wanted to come off my original post. I was hoping to spurn some more posotive conversation. (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

(...) Just the other day I had a vision of how to do Insectoids on a large, frightening scale. Something that is more insect hive than silly vehicle. Alas, I never got more than the teeny ones at stores. I've also had some Underground ideas--not (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

(...) Just because a part is attainable from ebay or brickbay or any other source does not make it "easily available". There are many "rare" and desirable parts out there, for a price of course. Just because I have 3 Space Cruisers or Istok has (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

"Felix Greco" <felixisgr8@aol.com> wrote in message news:G7LJux.1MH@lugnet.com... (...) Bbbuut...if its a part that's good to build with, its good to build with, classic or not. So, if that is the case, I want a lot of those parts readily available (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Going Against the Grain

(...) Me thinks that an easily available part ceases to be classic or collectible... (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact