 Dear LEGO / 2629
Re: Enough with the microphones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:55:14 GMT

<snip>

Lego is about imagination, right?  Maybe we "imagine" that the micophone is
something else.

The real problem is the other things related to the microphone.  The printed
mike, at least, can be used on Launch Command-theme sets (down with Space
Port, bring back Launch Command) or on fast-food restaurant workers and
attractive Shop at Home customer service reps.  But what about the other
stuff?  Like, say, the Unitron "goggles" head.  Makes good ski goggles... if
you ignore the "circuitry" border.  Or the white hair on all male Ice Planet
heads (this includes the gold-suit guy's moustache).  Very nice until you
try to combine one with any existing hairpiece (even Luke Skywalker's hair
is a bit off).

On that note, all Lego sets should ship with hairpieces for all minifigs.  I
don't know about you guys, but when I have a minifig remove his helmet, a
hairpiece or bandana MUST be revealed to have been underneath.  Except for
occasional bald dudes, but the printed hair at the top of some heads (the
more generic-looking variants on the Pirate heads come to mind) makes that a
problem.

While I'm thinking about it, how come hairpieces come in brown, but printed
hair is never brown?  And how come only the Ice Planet babe and some pirates
have red printed hair?