 Dear LEGO / 2628
Re: Enough with the microphones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:30:06 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mikohl Moree writes:

I agree with your pleas to LEGO. I think that Lego can either increase minifigs
by putting Microphones on Minifigs that need microphones in that set.
For instance: Jet from Rockraiders needed a microphone in the Rock Raiders
Minifigs set for communication, but in the bigger sets she is in, she does not
need a mic because there should be a radio in a large set. So my point is, Lego
can do that, or they could do another idea I have been thinking of that many
people in this thread suggested. A detachable microphone. It could be done.
If anyone has noticed, in most recent Shop at Home catalogs, the customer
service minifig (she looks like a cool babe with VERY COOL blue eyes and a
black ponytail) has an detachable mic. That is a sign that unstationary head
accessories are possible.

Not necessarily.  It looks to me that the Shop At Home minifig is the result
of a skillfully edited photo.  The microphone looks to me like it would be
hard to work with, but easy to draw in a painting program.

I think that Lego would get more kicks if this idea
was supported and produced.

P.S.( If I had to go out with a minifig, it would definitely be the Shop at
Home Operator with gorgeous blue eyes! )
What do you guys think of her?

In one of my spaceships, the engineer has a poster of her (I cut out the
catalog picture) hanging on the wall.

Of course, I like doing stuff with pictures of minifigs that were put there
by minifigs.  Remember the magnetic sticker sheets from Exploriens?  I used
to cut the leftover sheets in half to make photo frames.  They had photos of
Ice Planet and Space Police minifigs in them.  I did the same with the
"starchart" hologram sticker sheets.