 Dear LEGO / 2562
Re: Enough with the microphones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:06:58 GMT

I can understand that completely.  I would rather, as has been mentioned
already, see minifig heads that can be used cross-genre.  This is especially
irritating when you are trying to do any kind of story.  If they really want
minifigs to have microphones, I would say a better solution would be to put the
microphone on a helmet or a neckband type thing.  That way you can use the head
seperately.

Personally, I have no problem scraping off some paint.  I bought the LEGO
brick, and now it's mine and I can do anything I want with it.

Screw you purists.

Hahahahaha. Just kidding.  I really do respect your opinion and option to not
alter bricks, and I was just sending out a troll for the sake of the "Are we
being to nice to each other"? thread. :)

Jason

In lugnet.dear-lego, Eric Joslin writes:

But some of us pride ourselves on *not* altering LEGO elements.

I'm not saying that doing that kind of stuff is inherently evil, or that your
soul is going to burn for it, but personally I think it's much cooler to see
something built in completely unmodified LEGO bricks- and that includes
minifigs.  I have no problem at all with the phasing out of the classic smiley
in favor of more expressive faces, but I too would like to see them be more
cross-genre.

eric