 Dear LEGO / 2553
  Enough with the microphones

Dear LEGO, Please stop putting microphones on minifig heads. The Alpha Team sets have some of the best minifig faces I have ever seen but I will not buy a single one because of those damned mics. Please either design a mic part or do away with them (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.dear-lego) !!

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) Hear, hear. Same with the woman from Rock Raiders. (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

It takes about 3 seconds with a $3 exacto knife to kill microphones (unless they extend over the mouth). (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) But some of us pride ourselves on *not* altering LEGO elements. I'm not saying that doing that kind of stuff is inherently evil, or that your soul is going to burn for it, but personally I think it's much cooler to see something built in (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

I agree, I don't want to butcher my legos if it's at all possible. As a side note, you can alter your digital camera pictures without touching the minifigs. I would rather not even do that, and tend to avoid the microphone free figs, but that's my (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) Aaaaah! Trick photography! :D I'm not sure if that is any better to me as a viewer. Whenever the mic gets taken out, I'mstill viewing something modified... Still, that's not a bad idea. As the builder, I would feel less guilty. :D eric (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

I can understand that completely. I would rather, as has been mentioned already, see minifig heads that can be used cross-genre. This is especially irritating when you are trying to do any kind of story. If they really want minifigs to have (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

The mikes are a nice effect for a space nut like me. (But I see your point) Jonathan (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

Same here. I love the microphones, especially the really techy ones, but all the space figs have to wear helmets anyway, in RL the microphone would most likely be built in. Nathan Falslev nfalslev@netscape.net (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) I hope Lego is listening to this one. I completely agree. The Rock Raiders female ("Jet" I believe) was ruined with a microphone. By the way the two Star Wars females are different. Duane Degn (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) I like the microphones too. They allow kids to have their figs talk to each other over long distances. But in real life, astronauts have a little cloth thing on their head under their helmet and that has the microphone on it I believe. So the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) I like the hand-held radios, myself. (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) They work well in unsealed spacecraft. Especially when the astronauts are wearing spacesuits with no visors. Steve (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

I meant in real life in the futuristic time setting of Lego Space(I should've made that clearer:) In such a time I hope we won't need the cloth head caps and that we'll simply do it like the movies: slip on, lock, and go. -Nathan (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) I agree with your pleas to LEGO. I think that Lego can either increase minifigs by putting Microphones on Minifigs that need microphones in that set. For instance: Jet from Rockraiders needed a microphone in the Rock Raiders Minifigs set for (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) Ok, I realize this is all in fun and all, but: if we as a community made up largely of male geeks wish to avoid being lumped in with the comic book store nerd from the Simpsons, it might be a good thing for us to not automatically call every (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) ...but so many of them are just totally drool-worthy... ;) --DaveL PS CrazyManiac from AlphaTeam: Worst Minifig Ever. (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

"Dave Low" <stinglessbee@hotSPA...Email.com> wrote in message news:G3Bu1x.GDo@lugnet.com... (...) Wow... (looks at fig) suppose it *is* worse than Timmy. -- Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com (URL) - Centralized LDraw Resources (URL) - Zacktron (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

Where in the catalogs is this minifig? I looked in the Fall and Holiday catalogs, can't see what you're talking about. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) She's in the current mini catalog, and the older large ones. Here's a picture- (URL) a good picture, her eyes are brighter than that, but now you know where to look. I don't think this minifig actually exists though. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) As far as I know, nobody calls Willa "such-and-such babe". (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) Except I don't see how one will end up with more than one of them. Timmy came in the freestyle buckets, which made some of have way more Timmy than necessary. (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) Not necessarily. It looks to me that the Shop At Home minifig is the result of a skillfully edited photo. The microphone looks to me like it would be hard to work with, but easy to draw in a painting program. (...) In one of my spaceships, the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

<snip> Lego is about imagination, right? Maybe we "imagine" that the micophone is something else. The real problem is the other things related to the microphone. The printed mike, at least, can be used on Launch Command-theme sets (down with Space (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough with the microphones

(...) A huge tumor? (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)