 Dear LEGO / 2432
Re: better villians
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 19:02:39 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, James Walker writes:
i think that lego should have "eviler" minifigs

I think there's enough out there right now that you should be able to do some
simple customizations and achieve what you want.  Amongst the many sites you
could check out would be these two if you wanted to see "eviler" lego:

http://members.aol.com/blueofnoon/lego/lego.htm

http://community-2.webtv.net/@HH!B7!06!32565775593E/craigo-
lego/transylegovania/

As to the question of the weirder minihead designs we have been seeing of
late, I would just say that I don't so much mind the details (i.e. tiny SW
features, etc.) as much as asymmetry and exaggerated expressions (i.e.
frowning, the wry smiles, and so on...).  Detailed heads like the older
bearded ones, or the ones with spiked hair, etc. are cool!  What I
particularly dislike are the asymmetrical details that get put on some of the
heads, like Jet's headset -- man, that just sucks!  The asymmetry of Jet's
hair is cool, but she is much improved if she is modified to have otherwise
symmetrical facial features.

That said, I might make the exception on symmetry for the Insectoid's droid --
I just love those little black and copper coloured freaks!

And I can see where others really like the old smileys.  Even if the minis are
engaged in a pitched battle, the smileys seem to deflect the seriousness of
the matter.  And I dunno, it's nice to have a little escapism in our Perky Pat
layouts, er...Lego worlds...

-- Richard (Can-D anyone?)