 Dear LEGO / 2239
Re: Re - Realease Old Themes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 10:23:49 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Marchetti writes:

How about the Metro Liner?  Larry?  Anyone...?

I've got 5 or 6 (I forget, exactly) already. Who needs more than that?

Just sell me the doors and windows and wagon plates and slopes in bulk and I'm
fine. Sure, a rereleased metroliner at 150 USD would be nice. But I'd rather
see better NEW designs. Hey Lego, make us a DB Cargosprinter! There's a cool
freight train(1). Make us a nice tram, or another passenger train, or some REAL
MoW or some american themed 1950s era freight cars.

Rewarming old themes is a perennial newsgroup posting theme. It always has the
same pros and cons, and someone always points out that Retrostation was an
example (but how well did it do while it was out???). So, for that matter is
the black/red california truck which is a differently colored Imagination
Celebration truck.

But I can outdo Lego, set design wise, and you all know it, so I'm happy no
matter what happens, within reason.

To talk about trains, please trim dear-lego from followups, about TLC, please
trim trains from followups, thanks

1 - See the online Märklin catalog I think... anyway a Cargosprinter is a
little self propelled set of flat cars (about 4 or so) with control cabs at
each end. Each end has a small power truck (diesel?? not sure) underneath the
cab, which flares from a blunt inverse wedge (think streetsweeper front) to a
container sized back end for streamlining. The flat cars hold containers. I'm
not totally sure of the config, I've only seen models but I want to say the two
end cars are 4 axle and can hold 2 20' containers each, the 2 middle cars are 2
axle and can hold 1 45' or 50' container each. TRES cool. Obviously DB is
struggling with operating cost issues on lightly traveled lines!

I'm sure James Mathis will build one soon if I don't beat him to it.

Larry Pieniazek,
Bricksmith