 Dear LEGO / 2236
Re: Re - Realease Old Themes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:09:55 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Mark de Kock writes:
I think this is exactly why TLC will NOT re-release old themes. Only a few
dozen want it.

And bulk orders are doomed to fail, right?  That's what TLC probably thought
before the advent of Lego Direct -- presently, demand has exceeded all
expectations.

Second reason: Re-releasing old themes would be like admitting defeat. TLC
would have to acknowledge that present day themes stink when comparing them to
the old themes. TLC would never do that.

Why not?  Aren't you asserting it as a fact that they SHOULD acknowledge?  I
am continually mystified at persons who publically oppose marketing moves they
themselves would probably approve of should they be implemented.  You wouldn't
buy a 6067 for $40-50 USD?  Castle themed stuff would be flying off the
shelves if it weren't castle jr. and Fright Knights II.

Castle jr. succinctly describes my opinion of the 20 Castle series...

No one wants to see the return of Blacktron I?  Todd? Anyone...?

Another theme I missed while in college...for the most part...I am happy
with the few figs I have, but I dream of a Battrax once in awhile...

How about the Metro Liner?  Larry?  Anyone...?

I am not a train fan, but if a etroliner ever came back...I would buy
one...I always liked the look of that set

SES, or BSB? Anyone?

Don't make me cry, I never had the money to buy one of these in
college...man I am regretting some of that money I spent on beer...lol

I haven't seen Playmobile give up on these themes...

I recently went to an upscale family Toy store in a nearby city and saw a
wall of playmobile and a shelf of Lego...The play mobile sets are quite
impressive in size and scope now...I was particularly intrigued by the new
interlocking Castle wallsystem they have and a variety of Pirate an
Castle/Viking ships...They seem to thoroughly develop each them...I laughed
when I saw they had minifigure biker motorcycle gang type sets and very cool
racing motorcycles...truly an eclectic and fun mix for a child...oh and lots
of pirates...Pay Mobile seems much more expensive, but I bet quite
interesting for a child...maybe even some adults = )