 Dear LEGO / 2050
Re: A minifig pack for EVERY theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 00:32:31 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mike Petrucelli writes:
You're comparing Willa the Witch to every other female face?

No, no way! I was just giving the most obvious example...

Every other
female face could be used for anything.  Willa definately can't.  That is what
makes her a bad mini-face.  I have seen the close-up picture of the Queen and
princess (I was originally thinking of the Queen.)  Trust me I wouldn't mind
in
the slightest to get 1000 of either.

Well, you might think you wouldn't mind, and perhaps you wouldn't; but perhaps
you think you would because you DON'T have them (1). I have one of each and
like them, yet if I had 1000 of each they would look ridiculously articulated
to me and over-bearing in similarities. The faces are too detailed, just like
the black mustached knight - as a stand-alone, he looks great, but when there
are hundreds of him he seems cloned due to the articulated face.

An army of Princess Storm troops would be amazing, IMO - provided they only
had a smiley face, or a lipstick face (not that I need those, no way!) or a
different GENERIC female face (that TLC has not released yet and perhaps never
will :-\ ).

Willa was horrible.  The only good thing
was her torso (I can ignore the spider easily enough) and dress.

Well, same about Storm; it's only a multitude of her faces that I would not
want (Scar must be unique! I can't have a troop of Scar-clones, now, can I?)

I dunno if you see my point or not (I'm not being very clear); but what I'm
trying to get at is that 1000 of any articulated minifig would be horrible.
1000 of any generic minifig would be awesome.

-Shiri

(1) it's a psychological thing. It's sort of like when you ask someone a
riddle and you know the answer; you're convinced you would've gotten it easily
there are so many obvious clues! But that's because you know the answer. Had
you been the person to be asked, you might not have managed to connect the
clues... Does that make sense?