 Dear LEGO / 2043
Re: A minifig pack for EVERY theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 20:45:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Mike Petrucelli <lordinsanity@usa.net> wrote:
Ahh but that's the POINT. They WANT you to shell out $$ for the items. That's
why all the rare characters are in the BIG sets... It's marketing...

Then explain the Rock Raiders fig pack.  I for one never intend to buy any Rock
Raider set unless it is at a steep discount but I will probably get at least
100 of those fig packs.  (Space Marines, Pilots, and Engineers; Town
Construction Workers; and Wild West Confederate Troops; what Space/Town/Wild
West fan wouldn't wan't lots of these?)

That's why I think common-characters-only packs would be a great solution.
The rare special characters are still in the big sets, yet you can get a lot
of the basic people.