 Dear LEGO / 2041
Re: A minifig pack for EVERY theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 19:25:01 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

David Simmons wrote:

Greetings all,

Here's an idea who's time is definitely overdue.  With the reintroduction of
Castle and the long-unseen and much-coveted maiden's cap returning in black,
it's clear that every theme or sub-theme that TLG produces would profit
greatly from having a minifig pack that contained every character
represented in the different sets.  All you Castle fans (myself included)
would buy fistfuls of such packs to increase our armies, fortify our
barracks, populate our towns, and at last be able to have a ball in the main
hall with lots of maiden's cap (handpainted, of course!).

This would benefit the Star Wars line as well.  There could be several
packs, one squad of Stormtroopers, one group of main characters from each
film or trilogy (so we don't have to shell out $50 to get young Obi-Wan with
that brown hood!), and perhaps another pack of background characters,
aliens, Rebel pilots, whatever.  I would definitely pick up a half dozen of
each type of pack were it made available.

Ahh but that's the POINT. They WANT you to shell out $$ for the items. That's
why all the rare characters are in the BIG sets... It's marketing...

Dean

--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html