 Dear LEGO / 1517
Re: ZNAP (was:8448 Flexible Axles (was Re: Parts from 8448 not LDrawn))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:52:02 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Larry Pieniazek writes:

<snip>I like it and it has a lot of potential for large structures. I'd
DEFINITELY take it for free... I am buying a bunch from Busy Bee. I just wish
there were more colors per piece, instead of the pieces being essentially • color
coded.. I want everything in a set to be red instead of grey short links,
purple 4 ways, red medium links and so forth.

For a view of what can be done with Znap:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/train_depot/znapbr.htm

I did a small girder bridge in red for Nik's Shinkasen display.

++Lar

Nice bridge, Larry. I've done a "Bascule" type train bridge with a lift span
of about 40 inches that wouldn't have been possible without Znap. I got a lot
of positive comments about the purple 4-points as part of the "flavor" of the
piece. It was on display for three shows with the PNLTC, although no pictures
of it have shown up on the site. I kept hearing "the purple makes a nice
touch" (as if I had any choice) - so, I think that when used with black (and
yellow is okay, too) structures, it isn't too bad. I don't think they would
have the same flavor with a red, green or blue piece (so far - no Znap comes
in blue :-( ). The links (short) do come in the five basic Znap colors (red,
green, yellow, black and grey). But the longer links and larger pieces don't
come in grey.:-(

Where/who is "Busy Bee"?

Wayne