 CAD / Development / 3706
Re: Parts from 8448 not LDrawn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 02:04:56 GMT

Urgh.  Just hit some key which seemed to reset the body of this reply to the
default text.  Blech.

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jonathan Wilson writes:
[before that, Steve wrote:]
Technic Driving Ring Extender

Which piece is this?

It's a piece which fits between the driving ring and the freespinning 16(?)
tooth gear.  It lets the driving ring reach further.

Technic Gear Rack  1 x 14 with Holes

Is this similar to the other gear rack with holes pieces?

Yes.

Technic Shock Absorber Small (in process)

Is this the shock that has been "on hold" for about 6 months?

Yes.

Technic Shock Absorber Pneumatic

I take it this is the one that keeps breaking

Not mine.  At least, not yet.

Technic Steering Arm J with Towballs
Technic Steering Knuckle Arm  6L

What are these?

The J arm is shaped like a capital J, with towballs for serifs on each point.
But the hook of the J is shaped more like an upside down question mark.  The
whole thing is about 2x2:

O---O

O  \
\_/

The 6 long knuckle arm is a fork beam with a towball socket at the base.  It's
pictured on Jim Hughes' Technica site.

Some missing items:
Technic angle connector #4

I thought that was released.  At least, I've got a 924.dat that's marked as
being released in LCAD 98-08.

the new longer 1 bend angle beam

That's in there?  Either they didn't mix the two types of 1 bend beams in a
single box, or I'm denser than I realized.

the wheels

Oh, yeah.

the tyres

Oh, yeah.