 Database / Brictionary / *112 (-20)
  Re: I am looking for a roof brick.

It sounds like you mean the 3x3 low-slope outside corner brick. (convex corner) A pair of black ones come with 6497, Twisted Time Train A pair of blue ones come with 3053, Emperor's Stronghold 20 red ones come with DACTA 9265, Low Slope Roof Bricks (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  I am looking for a roof brick.

I am looking for low-sloped roof bricks like the ones used in certain sets circa 1986 as found in the following sets: 6689 Post Office (Todd's search results bring back Post-Station but the set has the black 3x3x1 low slope corner roof brick which (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Lego classification system

Interesting work. I suggest eliminating theme-specific whenever it is used as elements have a way of appearing in other themes. Even decorated tiles that seemingly have no use whatever outside of the theme where they appeared may well migrate. For (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Lego classification system

(...) I object to a hard-coded limit of 9 on general principals :-). Seriously though, if there isn't a _really_ good reason for this limit (especially having it as low as 9) then don't do it. Regards, Steve Hodge (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Lego classification system

So this signature should have the correct address for my WWWeb page. -- Thanks for your consideration. Bill Bourn {(URL) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Lego classification system

Here is an outline of the first levels of the classification system I'm implementing. It's derived from Auczilla categories to some degree, but I limited the number of categories to nine. Each category can have 9 sub-categories, with a further 9 (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Online LEGO Inventory Database

Steve Bliss wrote in message ... (...) with (...) and (...) Here is the current scema. I have decided to concentrate on the parts section, and themn move onto creating a set inventory section (which I think will be the easy part)... Total of 6 (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

Steve Bliss wrote in message ... (...) with (...) and (...) It will be a relational database, and I tend to remove all hard codings possible. I will be designing the schema later today, and posting it for everyone to rip apart =) --Eric (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Online LEGO Inventory Database

(...) Having a good list of properties at the start is a good idea, but don't hard-code specific properties into the schema. It's just a many-to-many relation between parts and properties. Assuming a relational approach. Steve (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Online LEGO Inventory Database

(...) have (...) I'd thought about this earlier, but forgot to mention it. (...) based (...) Once (...) avoid (...) Yeah, I agree. One of the other threads had come to the same conclusion and are curently trying to decide exactly which properties (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Gryphon Bricks (Mac) -> LDraw database

I've put together a few pages with an inventory of the Gryphon Bricks parts, and attempted to cross-reference them with LDraw pieces from Steve Bliss' site. Take a look at: (URL) is a first pass: there are some mistakes here and there, and quite a (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Online LEGO Inventory Database

(...) Yep. (...) Oh, and each description should probably be tagged with a source. That way, when we change the description of some part in LDraw, the cross-reference database can be updated. (...) Yep. A better approach may be modeling a set of (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Online LEGO Inventory Database

(...) collate. (...) Yep. The difficulty is in matching up the descriptions from the various sources (e.g. which LDraw part is this Technica part?). Sometimes it's easy, somethimes it's not. (...) Yep. (...) part (...) a (...) and (...) That's the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: What words describe the Lego elements?

(...) went in and updated the description parameters to include a count of holes in the piece. So if you see the page before I've updated the page with a new image, just pretend there's a hole-count category, OK? Thanks again. Billb. (24 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: What words describe the Lego elements?

(...) From the discussion so far, I can tell that some of us may be confusing a classification system with being able to identify a Lego element. In the perfect database, the inquiry about a piece would not need to know *anything* about how the data (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Online LEGO Inventory Database

(...) 'The database' should allow multiple descriptions per piece. And should have the major descriptions pre-loaded. The core element table should have an abstract key value, and a pointer to a graphic image for each part. A second table, call it (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: The Lepanadat Project (update 1)

(...) Of course you can use the database I'm working on now for a set inventory. Creating a set inventory was also one of my goals when I started with the Lepanadat project, but it takes a lot of time, so it would probably take many, many years (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: Online LEGO Inventory Database

(...) One problem we have at the moment is that the various sources of parts lists (LDraw, Tim Vattima's set inventories, Auczilla, Technica, etc) all contain different subsets of the full parts list and use different descriptions. We need to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: Online LEGO Inventory Database

(...) I (...) to (...) Perhaps (...) be (...) Sounds good to me! I'm going to begin by designing the database to hold the data, and deciding on the best method to catalog the parts, or the best existing database to use for the parts. Any suggestions (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: What words describe the Lego elements?

(...) It was... 2 letters off is less than 10% margin of error, which is good enough when you're estimating. :-) Are you sure there isn't an umlaut or AE joined or something in his last name? :-) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact