 Database / Brictionary / 110
Re: Lego classification system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.brictionary
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:43:48 GMT

Interesting work. I suggest eliminating theme-specific whenever it is
used as elements have a way of appearing in other themes. Even decorated
tiles that seemingly have no use whatever outside of the theme where
they appeared may well migrate.

For instance, I use adventurers map tiles as ads in the interior of my
streetcar. I can't think of a TLC example off hand but I know there are
some out there.

LDraw parts classification's biggest flaw is this theme association.

Just my opinion.

Also, I agree with Steve H... lift the 9 subcat restriction... if you're
using one character, you've got 36 to work with without even using upper
vs lower etc... but then you're putting business meaning in your keys.
And just ask anyone here what I think of THAT idea. :-)

In summary, excellent work.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!