 Color / 846
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:24:46 GMT

In lugnet.color, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote:
   Maybe the cross-posting was an (unsuccessful) attempt to get around the new Spotlight settings that discriminate against posts in .color. The petition post has 8 spotlights, but does not show up in the Spotlight sidebar.
There’s gonna be a lag between the old and new system. Think about it for a second: it’s a new system residing concurrently with old results. It might even need tweaking. :-)

I don’t let spotlighting and highlighting determine which posts I read. While I admit it’s a handy tool to indicate what’s popular, it’s lame to consistently lean on it. Also certain groups tend to have a higher spotlight count than others, i.e. .announce.moc.

   Perhaps if the LUGNET admins didn’t go to such lengths to keep discussions that they don’t like out of sight, then these kinds of measures wouldn’t be necessary.
How conspiratorial of you. If there’s a beef with admin, this isn’t the group in which to post. Perhaps your post is the kind of post of which you speak: keeping discussions “out of sight” only because it doesn’t belong in a forum such as this.

(FUT set to lugnet.admin.general)

-Tom McD.
http://www.spamcake.com