 Color / 847
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:47:57 GMT

In lugnet.color, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote:

   Given it’s current financial situation, why WOULDN’T TLC make more old-color bulk packs?

Probably for the same reasons they aren’t still producing the old colors alongside the new. Just because Jake managed to get a small batch through the system doesn’t mean the same button can be pushed again and again at the same costs. Since we don’t know the details of the process I think it’s pretty pointless speculating about it. The fact that we were told this was a one-time shot indicates there is probably some sort of financial/logistical constraint against repeating it. As Larry mentioned however, if the packs had sold out much quicker than expected, perhaps the business equation for doing this would favorably change.

BTW the packs are still available in North America. In fact I just ordered a few.

Spencer