 Color / 928
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:08:36 GMT

In lugnet.color, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:
   Actually LEGO is right now - in this very second - running production runs in old system grey! They could switch back so easy if they only wanted. Right now they run both and that means they could stop the production of blay as easy as the production of System grey. That is a fact. Ask Jan who works in Billund if there is still a huge production run of old grey if you do not believe me.

You are right, I don’t know the internal processes going on at Billund. So you said they are still making the old colors, right now? Why? What is it used for? I was under the impression that starting sometime last year, everything was being produced using the new colors. Can someone explain this? Are they simply using up the remainder of an existing stock of old color ABS?

Nevertheless, the ability to switch back to the old colors relatively painlessly still doesn’t invalidate the company’s decision to switch to a new color scheme. I respect their right to make product changes as they see fit, even if those changes are not in my own personal best interest.

It would be great though if they could keep the old color bulk packs in production indefinitely. What is the constraint that prevents this? A limited amount of the old stuff?

Spencer