 Color / 790
  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!

In lugnet.general, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: <snip> Did you really have to SPAM so many of the groups to get this out? This issue (or rather the fact that it won't DIE!) is why I now avoid LUGNET. Let it go, or keep it out of the other forums. (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!

(...) I agree completely. Everyone who cares about this reads the new Color newsgroup. Feh. -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (19 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!

(...) You know, I care about color but I don't read the new Color newsgroup. I do read Trains and Space though, and a major issue like this has to do with lots of newsgroups, thus the crosspost. There is a lot of stuff I am interested in, but that (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!

(...) Just two points: a) The issue seems to be important enought to pop up again, and again, and again. If the topic was unimportant, it would have died by now. b) if you avoid LUGNET, how did you manage to answer anyway? Disagreeing with other (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!

(...) The whole reason Todd set up a Color newsgroup was so there would be a place for people to discuss the Color issue ad nauseam. (...) Come on, man. You've met me. I'm not a hostile person. The whole "Boo hoo, I'm not going to read Lugnet (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!

(...) Whereas I agree everyone should have the right to express thier opinion--that said, the 'spamming' of every major NG at LUGNET was, in my humble opinion, taking that 'chip on the shoulder' just a tad too far. Post colour issues in colour, and (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!

(...) Maybe the cross-posting was an (unsuccessful) attempt to get around the new (URL) Spotlight settings> that discriminate against posts in .color. The (URL) petition post> has 8 spotlights, but does not show up in the Spotlight sidebar. Perhaps (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  (canceled)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!

(...) There's gonna be a lag between the old and new system. Think about it for a second: it's a new system residing concurrently with old results. It might even need tweaking. :-) I don't let spotlighting and highlighting determine which posts I (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!

(...) For some it is the whining that has tarnished the reputation of Lugnet. For others, it is beligerant posts like this one, and the people who find it necessary to spotlight posts like this one, that have forced people to filter their reading of (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!

(...) I've been here since the beginning, but honestly, I only read LUGNET a couple times a week now. The only reason I read this is Duane's post hit my radar screen on a private list. It's just not worth my time anymore to read a bunch of (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.color) !

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!

(...) I haven't forgotten about you either Tim! Just wanted to let you know I care (that, and whence next our paths cross, I shall gladly treat you to some goodies from Panera :-D). Pumpkin muffins...*droooool* (...) I agree! It's just now there's (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!

(...) Hey, Mark, I know that. And I didn't mean for my post to be a rally against you in particular at all, but rather just on the comment of the other hostilities, especially in the other thread that isn't supposed to have the discussions in it. (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.color)