Re: Brickfest-related: CW "Gathering of the [fill in the blank]"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 14:32:22 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Shiri Dori writes:
Hear ye, hear ye!

OK, I'll give up the medieval talk for just right now, but listen up anyway,
alright? ;-)

As the planning for the Brickfest evolves, I was hoping I could gather'round
some people who are planning to be there - and possibly some who are not -
and holding a minifig gathering.

What I'm suggesting is a get-together of some sort. This is in parallel to
the "Gathering of the Wise" idea that Jeff Johnston brought up a year or so
back.

The best idea seems to be a king/queen/emperor/other-head-of-state meeting -
like a United Nations meeting or some-such. Other variations could include a
villian/rogue meeting.

Great idea! I'm planning on going to Brickfest for the first time as well.
As a matter of fact, unless something unforeseen happens, this will be the
first time I actually meet any AFOLs in real life. I can't wait!

Some of my characters could appear at such a gathering. The royalty is at
the present unaware of portals, which are currently the only way to safely
travel to and from the realm. (Though that will change soon enough...)
However, the Sages(1), Brown Council(2), and various rogues could attend.

Creating an account of the event in story form is a fantastic idea. It’s a
fitting way to showcase a CW event.

-L

In case you have no idea what I’m talking about:
(1) http://www.lugnet.com/castle/org/cw/~397/Factions/Sages
(2) http://www.lugnet.com/castle/org/cw/~397/Groups/BrownCouncil