Re: Brickfest-related: CW "Gathering of the [fill in the blank]"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:55:22 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Shiri Dori writes:
Wow!

Guys, I'm psyched to see there's so much positive response to this. It sounds
like this could really work, especially since more CW members are planning on
attending this year than last.

Yes, Brickfest will even more fun than I expected!

I will just pick a random post here and reply to it. Leah, you're chosen. ;-)

Lucky me. <g>

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Leah Cardaci writes:
Great idea! I'm planning on going to Brickfest for the first time as well.
As a matter of fact, unless something unforeseen happens, this will be the
first time I actually meet any AFOLs in real life. I can't wait!

Wow! Awesome. I hope you don't run off scared after seeing us in RL. <grin>

You all are stranger in RL? 8^O

Like I said, many people are hoping to be there. The way I tallied it up, I
see (in no specific order, except my brain's recollection)...:

You (Leah)
Pawel
Jeff S.
Wilson
Matt B.
Frank F.
Nathan
Chris M.
Me (Shiri)

I'm expecting even more people to announce they're coming. (and some already
have)

(of course there are many others who are not castle-interested)

Do they count? <g,d,r>

Some of my characters could appear at such a gathering. The royalty is at
the present unaware of portals, which are currently the only way to safely
travel to and from the realm. (Though that will change soon enough...)
However, the Sages(1), Brown Council(2), and various rogues could attend.

<nodding feverishly> That is probably one of the first things we should
decide. Is this a royalty meeting? A villian meeting? Or a wiseman/woman
conference? (Anything else?)

<snips list of pros and cons>

I don't know if this is too ambitious, but maybe we could have a royalty
(leadership) meeting and have some villains/rogues interacting on the side.
I could see where a big inter-realm meeting of leaders would attract some
villains trying to take advantage of the lower security to steal, spy, and
cause general trouble. Just a thought, this might make the story-telling
more difficult though.

-L