Re: Brickfest-related: CW "Gathering of the [fill in the blank]"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 02:46:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Wow!

Guys, I'm psyched to see there's so much positive response to this. It sounds
like this could really work, especially since more CW members are planning on
attending this year than last.

I will just pick a random post here and reply to it. Leah, you're chosen. ;-)

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Leah Cardaci writes:
Great idea! I'm planning on going to Brickfest for the first time as well.
As a matter of fact, unless something unforeseen happens, this will be the
first time I actually meet any AFOLs in real life. I can't wait!

Wow! Awesome. I hope you don't run off scared after seeing us in RL. <grin>

Like I said, many people are hoping to be there. The way I tallied it up, I
see (in no specific order, except my brain's recollection)...:

You (Leah)
Pawel
Jeff S.
Wilson
Matt B.
Frank F.
Nathan
Chris M.
Me (Shiri)

(of course there are many others who are not castle-interested)

If you are hoping on being there and attending this "meeting", please reply to
this message and let us know what your opinions are!

Some of my characters could appear at such a gathering. The royalty is at
the present unaware of portals, which are currently the only way to safely
travel to and from the realm. (Though that will change soon enough...)
However, the Sages(1), Brown Council(2), and various rogues could attend.

<nodding feverishly> That is probably one of the first things we should
decide. Is this a royalty meeting? A villian meeting? Or a wiseman/woman
conference? (Anything else?)

I think we should discuss our options out first, but probably vote on it
fairly soon, perhaps within a couple of weeks. Here are possible pros and
cons for each of those three...:

Royalty/Nobility/Dictators/etc.
-----
...pros: a UN-like meeting in its structure, allows more formality and a showy
event, makes sense to have a meeting in a big hall with riches surrounding the
delegates.
...cons: heads of state would naturally butt heads, and possibly start wars
(is that a bad thing in this case? I'm not sure).

Villians
-----
...pros: a much more "interesting" meeting, rowdier and ronchier; plus that
allows the inclusion of well-known figures such as Scar and Verneer (1).
...cons: How would these poor theives get a big meeting room? Plus, would
their plans really have any effect on the actual happenings of CW? (Perhaps!
But maybe not).

Wise
-----
...pros: a more interesting meeting (literally this time), with possibilities
of sharing wisdom, spells and potions. Knowledge is power so theoretically
these people are the most important ones, right?
...cons: not everyone has wise people involved in their kingdom. Also some
wise people are mages, does this make a difference? And anyway, if we have a
gathering of the wise, Wilson can't participate! <grin; just playing along>

If you've got any other pros and cons, add them on!

Creating an account of the event in story form is a fantastic idea. It’s a
fitting way to showcase a CW event.

Totally, totally agreed.
I think many of us have cameras, but I hope we could agree on a "no pics"
policy before we release this story. Perhaps one person could collect pictures
and edit them, while another takes down the story. I'd love to do the
narrating myself, and perhaps someone a bit more skilled in the arts of
Photoshop could take on the other half of that.

I will (hopefully tonight or tomorrow) put up a lugnet page for this
gathering. I'll try to keep it up to date w/r/t the information, and things we
decide on.

Please post (or email, if you really want to) any ideas, input or random
babbling about this!

-Shiri

(1) OK, so maybe that reason is a bit self-motivated, you'll forgive me,
right? ;-)