Re: One more thing and I think we're set...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:42:50 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Jeff Johnston writes:
Er, what exactly are the advantages of having it on the CW site?

I can see a lot of 'convenience' advantages for having the stories *not*
being on the CW site - for example, the fact that editing, adding to, or
otherwise altering the web pages is much easier when you have direct
access to them.

It's less work for the maintainers this way, too - they only have to add a
link, rather than messing around with someone's HTML.

The fact that (at least some) of the stories will appear without the
annoying pop-up ads or banners that characterize free web providers is
also a big plus in my book.  (I realize that a lot of people don't have
the option of using anything else, but some people do - and if there are
going to be adverts attached to my creative work, *I* want to choose what
they are.)

So, is there a good reason to put the featured stories on the CW site?

Someone could make an archive of stories or an index page of links at or on
a subpage of

   http://www.lugnet.com/castle/org/cw/

if they wanted to.

--Todd