 Castle / 9568
Re: FBTB II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 13:41:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bryan Buckley writes:
I am not a fan of Harry Potter at all.Although most people would think most
people my age (13) are hooked on Harry , it's suffice to say the books are
juvenille and lacking in many areas.

Well I, for one, am 22 and enjoyed the books immensely.  Read all 4 twice
actually.

I could care less about the movie , the world may be better without it.I
prefer much advanced , complex books , fantasy epics the like Of J.R.R ( John
Ronald Reul)Tolkien ( Hobbit and Lord of the Rings Trilogy)and Robert Jordan(
Wheel of Time , Elin O posted two figs a while back based off orf WOT) . I'm
probably not going to buy a single set of the Harry Potter theme , both my
parents know I simply loathe the series.It would very much suprise them if I
started buying sets from the LEGO Potter theme. If FBTB II was Castle , I
would be extremely pleased.  But no , it only sounds like Harry Potter.Big
whoop.The only movie I plan on seeing this entire year is the first Lord of
the Rings movie , "The Fellowship of the Ring." I know most of you AFOLs like
reading the Potter books , but come on , LEGOs are acceptable , but Potter?
Read something a little more on your level people. I'm about to go to 8th
grade and I can devour High School level books. I read Animal Farm in a single
day.

Read somthing a little more on our level?  Shouldn't we be able to read
whatever we want?  Your post gives the impression that you look down on anyone
under the age of 9 who likes Harry Potter.  I too have read the LOTR and
Hobbit, along with all of the Wheel of Time stuff (4 times over for some of the
books) and loved them.  Might I suggest  L. E. Modesitt Jr. Recluse Saga, it is
along the same level of depth that you profess to love.  But yet, somehow I
still was able to enjoy the HP series.  I don't mind that you don't like the
series, you should be able to like or dislike whatever you like, but to insult
others for their indiviual tastes is rude.

Iv'e reevaluted myself to seeing movies I think will be good. None of that
Hollywood hype for me. The last movie I saw was "Crouching Tiger , Hidden
Dragon" , and that was during Spring Break. And my Spring Break was in the
middle of March.I would like to add that CTHD is one of the best movies I
have ever seen.

Ditto.  Loved CTHD.  One of the best martial arts flicks ever.

I will want no part in the this Harry Potter LEGO craze. You will see no
Potter MOCs from me. If LEGO made a LOTR Theme , I would be happy. But i'm
sure it would only end up being something juniorized.
And to the newcomer who didn't understand those acronyms , FBTB is "From
Bricks to Bothans" , a LEGO Star wars page. "MOC" means "My Own Creation",
an original model built by a LEGO fan. "AFOL" is an "Adult Friend Of LEGO."
Look up Shiri Dori's Acronym Guide ,it has a guide of all the "shortcuts" as
you put them used by the LEGO crowd.
Bryan B.
http://bryanssiteolego.homestead.com
My very incomplete site dedicated to the plastic bricks that have captured
generations.

Checked out your website, but couldn't find any MOCs.

Well that was my 2¢.

-Jason Spears
http://www.geocities.com/spearjr/

PS I am not saying that you shouldn't have told us that you didn't like the
series, a variance of opionions is great.