 Castle / 8990
Re: How much wolf can a wolfpack pack....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 17:10:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
I'm trying to sit down and do an exact count, but my son is great at having
massed battles and mixing everything back up again.  I estimated something
like 800 Castle figures for myself (that includes samurai and ninja).  I
know I'd like to get more Royal Knights, and my amount of Leo's and Bulls
will grow when I see some serious markdown on Knight's Kingdom.  I'm never
quite sure what to list as "Black Knights" and I just think in terms of
"ugly breastplate print" and "cool scale print".

Yeah, I only very rarely ever count them by hand anymore since it's easy to
lose track, and there are some things like the torso w/ breastplate (red &
blue & black) which can be either Crusaders, Black Falcons, or Black
Knights, depending on how you count it... Also, the chain mail torso counts
for pretty much any genre you want... So it's all pretty flexible. In fact,
I think the Black Knights could entirely be divided up into Crusaders and
Black Falcons if you so desired, since they never had a distinctive torso
emblem.

I have broken down the black knights and fright knights like this. I have
also intergrated the royal knights into the crusaders.  I only have one of
the black frightknight breastplate torso's and a minor hero has it.  the red
torso's and the red armored ninja torso are a second faction and the really
cool lt grey torso's are a faction.  the old style breastplate torso's are
either cruseders (red) black falcons (blue) or skeletons (black) and the
chain mail torsos are black falcons or crusaders.  I like how the chainmail
torso looks with the alien armor
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=28748,http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=28760)

also the new bull torso with the brown chain mail and green collar is pretty
cool I use it for forestmen and with the black shoulder armor (which hides
the green collar) for the commander of my bulls.  The new(ish) grey chain
mail torso used in knights kingdom (and chess king) is great. as for the
knight kingsdom 4811 archer torso I guess it is o.k. but I think it is too busy.

As for counting, I actually wrote up an inventory of all the sets and lots
I've acquired which lists the number of figs per set I have and also what
"faction" the figs belong to. Then I've got a perl script that just runs
through and totals everything up for me...

DaveE