 Castle / 8986
Re: How much wolf can a wolfpack pack....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 21:10:36 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.castle, Drew Setter writes:
In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
So how many do you have, and what Wolfpack insights do you have to add?

I think I've got between 15 and 20, but I'm not sure. (And something like
70-90 Black Falcons)

I've got about 15 true Wolfpack minifigures with another 10-15 other figures
that I've transformed into Wolfpack figures, inluding my signature figure
Duke Marhk the Black Wolf.  I've found that the red torsos with armor prints
(plate and scale mail) and black arms go nicely with the Wolfpack shields
and flags.

The early scale-mail figure remains one of my very favorites.  It can belong
to any "faction" and has tons more personality than the early
breastplate-print figure (which is probably my least favorite figure).  The
best thing about Lego remains that it is customizable through all the
accessories.

Currently the Wolfpack owes allegiance to the Lion throne held by the High
King Leopold Unser who commands my 60 + Crusaders, RK, and KK figures.  The
BF (35 figs), Forestmen (15 figs), and original castle figures from 375,
377, and 383 (20+ figs) all swear fealty to the Lion Throne.  The opposition
is led by a mysterious figure known as the Nightlord who commands the other
themes Batlords, Dragon Masters, Black Knights, Axemen, Goblins (gotta use
those Gungan heads somehow) and other mercenary companies made up of
theme-less figures.

This is how I suspect most people use the wolfpack - they tend to be
mercenary companies or some form of faction within a larger army.  Anyway,
thanks for sharing.

Bruce

It is interesting that most people make the wolfies aligned with bad or not
the pure of heart group.  I have about 30-40 Wolf Packs guys and agree that
they are somewhat harder to get due to how few they made.  Falcon's are easy
to get, if you're willing to pay through the nose for them.  I have 80+
Falcon's, but of those, 50 of them have yellow shields, which is a really
cool thing.  I like the yellow shields much better then the blue.  Anyway, I
digress.  I made the wolfies a royal family with ties to the king as an
advisor.  I made 2 houses for them (which can be seen on my web site
http://legobuilders.com) that are located in town and show their prestige in
that area.  So, good/bad is all a matter of choice!