 Castle / 8978
Re: Opinion: Lego Castle Knockoffs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 16:22:43 GMT

The set was from Larami which is now Coko which is a clone of both Tyco and
Lego. The horses and wheels are almost exactly the same as those of Tyco. The
bricks are Lego copies and much better quality than MB. I have over 60 Coko
Knights from multiple copies of 2 different sets, 7703 & 7710. I like the
swords and axes along with the general set design (old Lego Castle style).

Where did you get the armory set? I got my sets at Rite Aid in Ohio.

In lugnet.castle, Chris Pederson writes:
In lugnet.castle, Andrew Weiner writes:
In lugnet.castle, Chris Pederson writes:
I got an armory set a long time ago at some old department store.  Here's
the weapons they had;

Battle axe - black throwing(?) axe maybe half or less as long as old pikes,
but blade was just as big.  This was a good weapon and I still use it for
special figures.

Chrome sword - almost exact same size as regular castle swords but a little
different and of course chrome.  This is also used by certain figs today, a
good weapon.

Grey shield - pretty crappy and didnt fit in with rest of lego guys.  They
had lame stickers on them usually too.

Grey lance - pretty crappy again, didn't fit in either.  The handles are
bent back towards end of lance.

Brown crossbow - fits in pretty good with castle guys, used by various
mercenaries in my Kingdom

Brown Spear - this is also a very good weapon, a liitle longer than Lego one
so it works good for things like putting your small wolfpack clip-on flag on
at the top.

http://dalekfactory.tripod.com/offbrand.JPG

Here is the ones I can find right now, some of you other folks might know
what brand and all that they were, all I remember is that they were hanging
by the checkout in I believe white plastic bags with pictures of set (like
lego bags but lower quality)
OK, that was all the weapons, some garbage, some real good, I wish I would
have picked up more.  I will put all the pieces together if anyone is
interested and post them.

i would like to see some of this stuff if you'd post it