 Castle / 8987
Re: How much wolf can a wolfpack pack....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 21:18:12 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
I'm trying to sit down and do an exact count, but my son is great at having
massed battles and mixing everything back up again.  I estimated something
like 800 Castle figures for myself (that includes samurai and ninja).  I
know I'd like to get more Royal Knights, and my amount of Leo's and Bulls
will grow when I see some serious markdown on Knight's Kingdom.  I'm never
quite sure what to list as "Black Knights" and I just think in terms of
"ugly breastplate print" and "cool scale print".

Yeah, I only very rarely ever count them by hand anymore since it's easy to
lose track, and there are some things like the torso w/ breastplate (red &
blue & black) which can be either Crusaders, Black Falcons, or Black
Knights, depending on how you count it... Also, the chain mail torso counts
for pretty much any genre you want... So it's all pretty flexible. In fact,
I think the Black Knights could entirely be divided up into Crusaders and
Black Falcons if you so desired, since they never had a distinctive torso
emblem.

As for counting, I actually wrote up an inventory of all the sets and lots
I've acquired which lists the number of figs per set I have and also what
"faction" the figs belong to. Then I've got a perl script that just runs
through and totals everything up for me...

DaveE

I feel your pain :-)  I have over a 1000 soldiers and took them all apart,
literally.  I then put them back together so that they all matched in large
groups.  So, my armies are all identical.  For instance, I have 50 dragon
master knights.  They all have the dragon emblem on their chest, they all
have black/red legs and black arms.  They all are on black horses with green
saddles with a dark gray lance clipped to the side with a yellow and green
flag on it.  They all carry the green dm shield and a dark gray sword.  They
all have dm helmets with the yellow dragon (plus wings) on the helmet.

I did this sort of thing with all my troops, so it would be really hard to
know which guys came from which lines, outside of the obvious crests on
their chests!  But I like them this way.  It makes it real easy to make a
king or hero for that segment and they really stand out amoungst their
"breathern."