 Castle / 8310 (+20)
  Timing issues....

Lately I've seen a lot of messages that start out with, or include the phrase "when I get time to build I'm going to......" I find that I, myself, fall into this trap on a weekly, if not daily basis. I'm constantly thinking, "Well when I get time (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Michael Ulring's Old Castle on Brickshelf

Looks like my friend from Sweden Elin Overnas had the old castle. If you haven't seen it yet, go now :) (URL) along with Dan Jezek's Skull Kragg keep got me back into building. Anyone have THAT one on their computers? Also, be sure to check out some (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Catapults

(...) No, but I'll put my money on 6030-- not because of great leverage or anything, but I'm betting it's the sturdiest, and therefore has the most "bash potential"-- although the new catapult bucket/arm pieces can probably stand a good wallup (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Catapults

(...) Now that you mention these two, my son had these set up on his latest siege (4816 and 6030). Both types hurled a nice load over the castle walls no problem (various 1x1 rounds, 2x2 rounds, and the odd Timmy head). We weren't really going for (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???

Thanks for all the info on where to acquire cheep sets that contain Horses. And yes, I am a member of Lego Shop @ Home. Nevertheless, this simply won’t do! My army is well over 800+ troops, and I need about 45 black horse, 20 white horses, and 15 (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Sword Quality (Was Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???)

(...) Not exactly. I noticed the change around, oh, let's say 1996. Fright Knights definately have soft swords (I still have 6097 assembled), and I think Dark Forestmen did too. Don't blame Knights Kingdom for this one. A Black Knight's sword might (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Sword (was Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???)

Speaking of black weapons, one of the best-kept secrets of King Leo's Castle is (...) What's a pike? Actually, I see lots of good/unique parts and accessories: exclusive queen mini-fig with old-style hat, brown bird, brown crossbows, princess with (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Sword (was Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???)

(...) There weren't any yellow visors, what Thomas was saying was that he wanted to see a rerelease of the visors used in (URL) which is affectionately known as the "Yellow Castle". White, red, black, and grey are the colors of the visors. (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Sword (was Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???)

(...) A pike is nothing more than a really long spear, that needs both hands to use. About 15-20 feet long, sometimes longer. Lego doesn't make a pike, per se - we had a lengthy discussion about making one a while back here (see the sawed-off (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Sword (was Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???)

I may be considered insane by most of you, and I want an Armor Shop, but I could really care less if I get a black sword or not. I would much rather get that Crusaders' flag that comes in the set. I admit it would be neat to have a black sword, but (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Sword (was Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???)

(...) I think $30 is a good price for a 15-year old Castle set. It's only $0.30/piece, and you'll probably enjoy it more than the Bulls Attack set that you might be able ot get for the same price in a store. Is that a 100% yellow torso on the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Sword (was Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???)

(...) I have in my collection just over 86 black swords* and IMO they aren't so great. It was unique when I purchased the first, but once you've got as many as I do (each of my 80 undead skeletons wields a black sword and a black cape!) they no (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Forest of Blood Chapter 3

Well, after a much longer than desired lull in working on my web site due to an ailing computer, I've finished up the last of the three parts presently in the Forest of Blood. (URL) changed the first two chapters so that they link to the following (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Michael Ulring's Old Castle on Brickshelf

Those are the pictures I remember. Thanks Pawel James "Pawel Nazarewicz" <verneer@utk.edu> wrote in message news:GAtFF2.Jz5@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forest of Blood Chapter 3

(...) out there. But this can't be the end of the three parts, you've only just begun! :) MORE! MORE! I tip my hat to you. --Anthony (URL) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Michael Ulring's Old Castle on Brickshelf

uh, WOW Dave Pawel Nazarewicz <verneer@utk.edu> wrote in message news:GAtFF2.Jz5@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forest of Blood Chapter 3

(...) Well done. Great last shot - very effective and well spliced. I LOVE that armor :) You should get Elin's ax for that guy - it would fit him. (URL) ... I love that ax :) -- Pawel (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Sword (was Re: ???Where did the HORSES go???)

(...) Doh, on the mislabling of the swords. I am the proud owner of one each of the Black smith and armor shops which I bought with my allowence when I was in grade school. unfortunatlly my crusader flag has faded and one of the clips broke, but I (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forest of Blood Chapter 3

Joel, Engaging storyline so far... :-) Can't wait to find out more, but please, avoid the spoilers! IMO Teasers are great, but leave us guessing and wanting more! Your photo editing skills are really great too... -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forest of Blood Chapter 3

(...) I'm not sure it's one of the best, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out over all. My wife is annoyed with me because it didn't end how she wanted it to. ;) Sadly, yes..that's the end of what I have pictures taken of at the moment. More (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact