 Castle / 8225 (+20)
  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) LEGO's license is for the movie. If something's not in the movie, it's not going to be in the LEGO sets. If they leave Norbert out of the movie? No LEGO Norbert. The only way LEGO will be doing something from the other books is if for some (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) Exactly my point. I was talking about the future possibilities beyond the sets for release this November. Katie (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) Well, in that case, I hope they do lots of buildings from, eh, crud. The wizard town near Hogwart's. I can only imagine they'd be really good fodder for making medieval/small European town buildings. eric (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shanara (or the Sword of Sha-na-na, for those of us who like to sneer at it), illustrated by the Brothers Hildebrandt (at the height of their Tolkien-illustrating fame). It is a character-for-character, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) I've only read a little of his stuff (at a friend's urging), and after ninety years of reading I was still in the first chapter. Not, for me, the most engaging prose style. Regretably (or not), I can't really assess his plagiarism, but I (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) Robert Asprin before Pratchett, and De Camp/Pratt (oooooo, Pratchett, what a rip-off) before Asprin. (...) Yes, but Dick doesn't relate to Castles. :-) Bruce (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) Au, contraire! "Man in the High Castle" won him the Hugo in the early 60's (though admittedly it was a different kind of castle...) Dave! (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) As an aside Norbert is definitely a key figure in the movie. At the Toy fair some companies did display their Norbert toys. How Lego might create Norbert depends a bit on which stage of his growth they choose to depict. Jonathan L (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

lol I suppose this will be happening a lot until the movie comes out-- someone mentions in passing something about the Hogwart's Express, that subject is quickly dropped and a long thread about HP continues on in .trains. People, please keep on (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

Is it “9 sets” in total for the initial run, or are the “9 sets” slated to be spread out over the course of each movie? I'm assuming that all “9 sets” are for the *first* Harry Potter movie, But doesn’t this seem to be a bit excessive to you (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.town)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) There's an even worse "copy" of Lord of the Rings - The Iron Tower trilogy by Dennis L. McKiernan. It was explained to me once that this resulted from McKiernan having written a sequel to Lord of the Rings, and having it rejected as such, but (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) I've had the pleasure of reading most of Dennis L. Mckiernan's entire line of books. And I find his writing to be dynamic, enthralling and among the best in the genre! He sites J.R.R. Tolken; among others, in his foreword as being "fine (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  New Torso design in action.

I just spent all of 5-10 minutes putting a mini-story together to introduce a new character in my kingdom (Adler Kingdom) made with one of Kyle's torso designs. I thought you guys might want to have a peak though. (URL) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) I haven't read De Camp or Pratt, but I've read half a dozen books by Aspirin, and I'm not sure a meaningful lineage can be cited. One might also bring up the egotist (excuse me, of course I mean "writer") Piers Anthony as an equal source of (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) You know, this claim has been made a thousand times... Why? Does it sell books? Can it ever be trusted? Why is this the first time I've ever heard of this author? What does it mean to surpass Tolkien in 'intensity'? Tolkien is not an author (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

Hiya all.... I just put a new MOC on Brickshelf for everyone to have a look at.... it's just a sneak peak at the update I'm doing for the Kingdom... (URL) ) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Let the teasing begin!

(...) all (...) by myth and fables. But hidden by the walls of the mirrored mist, a great secret lies hidden. One that will shake the very foundations of all that Ikrosians hold sacred. (URL) inside the magical tower of Olyian, a sleeping spirit (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) There were very serious talks about his work becoming an official extension of Tolkien's work (anything is better than Christopher Tolkien out-Bilboing his father with meandering editing). So, yes, McKiernan's work was originally intended as a (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) But the Iron Tower trilogy which was written to give the base series for the later books to rest on had incredible correlation with Lord of the Rings. It seemed like every major scene had a parallel in Lord of the Rings. FUT: (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z- WARNING: Letting the cat out of the bag

(...) And as long as we are letting the cat out of the bag (contents of the other books), I hope they also make additional castle sets for the other 2 competing Wizard Schools to Hogwarts. Katie (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact