 Castle / 8014
Re: Mini-Fig Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 09:40:12 GMT

Leah Cardaci wrote:

1. What is the first character you remember creating?

I don't make any "characters."  I'm more interested in designing
buildings, and occasionally vehicles (wagons, etc.)

I populate my creations with minifigs, but none of them have ever had
names or well-defined personalities.

2. Of your current characters, which did you build first? Last?

N/A

3. Do you have clear ?good? and ?bad? characters, or is it all relative?

N/A

4. Have you ever built a MOC specifically for a pre-existing character?

nope.

5. How many custom (non-standard assembly) castle figs do you have? How
many have some bit of a background, or a personality?

Most of them are non-standard assembly by now, I'm sure.  None have any
background whatsoever

6. Which Castle subtheme has the best figs?

I really like the "good guy" figures from KK.  The printed legs are
nice, the torsos are good, and the faces aren't bad.  The faces on the
Bulls, OTOH, are awful, but some of the bodies are good.

There were some very good torsos in fright knights.

Forestmen are great.

I tend to use Black Falcons for guards & such on my castles.  Probably
because my first castle was <set 6074>.

7. Is there a type of fig you find easy to make? A type you find difficult?

women are tough, due to a lack of appropriate raw material.  Lego needs
to work on putting more women in their sets.  (lipstick looks funny in
castles.  but microphones are worse!)

I've never had any other problems.

8. Have you ever bought a set just for the figs?

no, I don't think so.  my girlfriend might tell you otherwise, but I
don't think I have.

9. Which non-Castle theme is the best source of Castle compatible figs?

uhh.. wait, I know this one.  Scala?  err.. Fabuland?  Duh.  Who would
say anything but Star Wars?

10. Is making a background and/or personality for a fig something you find
simple, or challenging?

um. never tried.  it would probably be pretty tough.

If you think of some other questions, add them on.

--
Tim Buchheim