 Castle / 7925 (+20)
  Microfig castle and new roof design

Hey all, a couple things to share: A miniature castle I threw together: (URL) a couple pics of a roof design I came up with. (URL) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Microfig castle and new roof design

(...) emulate thatching. Gives you room for a loft as well as an interestingly different roof design for your peasant villages. Matt (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Microfig castle and new roof design

(...) (unfortunately, the pictures didn't turn out to be any good.) Mine wasn't quite as steep, and used a somewhat different construction. Both sides were able to fold upwards enabling me to get at the interior. (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Microfig castle and new roof design

(...) really well with the microfig medieval town Shiri did a while back. The tile door adds a lot; perhaps you could fit in a 1x3 arch for that curved look, or even use a 2x4 arch with 2 seperate 1x2 grill tiles for that portcullis look? A. Mark (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Microfig castle and new roof design

(...) 45-degree pitch you should be able to finish the side edge of the peak with virtually no gap using one 1x2 plate on the underside of the 1-by's on one edge. There'll be a bit that hangs down, but it'll look decorative. Amy (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: More custom castle helms Reply

I liked the first Helms you made...... Now only if you could make them out of plastic, those would be worth buying!! Doyle (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More custom castle helms

Have you tried the Tamiya or Gunze Sangyo (sp?) lines of water-based acrylics? They are matched to the FS color scale, and are pretty faithful in their results. I'm not sure where you can get one, but if you can come up with a FS color chip set, you (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Classic Castle Figs

(...) Hello Mike, I've got several extras of the figs from the Tournament as well as the knight's procession, most in very good to excellent condition. I'd be happy to consider a trade. Just email me. Fritz (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Spreadsheet or database?

Does anyone have a spreadsheet or database containing information on all castle sets? I'd like to inventory what I have and get out a "want list" and a "trade list" of my duplicates. Thanks in advance, Andy (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Spreadsheet or database?

(...) castle (...) If you're a Lugnet member, you can use the set databases to do that. It's pretty keen. For example: (URL) my list. What you *won't* see here is that there is a "private" category that only I can see. You could easily use the "want (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Spreadsheet or database?

(...) castle (...) The text-format files from the LUGNET Guide are here: (URL) enough to filter for Castle, depending on the system you want to use. I myself use Excel with auto-filtering - very functional for flat files. Cheers, Heather -- Heather (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Trainiacs can rejoice

(...) Dave (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: group request castle.ninja

(...) Is the .castle area ready for subgroups of Castle (not just Ninja but Forestmen, Royal Knights, Black Falcons, etc.)? It would be fun to install the whole kit and kaboodle. --Todd (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: group request castle.ninja

(...) Excellent idea! Although e-mail conversations on the Ninja theme have been entertaining and enlightening, I would love an open forum where others can join in and share ideas. The .castle tone towards the Ninja theme has softened considerably (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  group request castle.ancient (was Re: group request castle.ninja)

(...) Todd, Ancient theme is in the same bind as Ninja. Gets buried in .castle every time it flares up. Hard to build a community. I would like to see a group for ancient fans. Mecha is an example of a non-Lego sub-theme that already has its own (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: group request castle.ninja

(...) While lugnet.castle.ninja may have some good reasons to exist, I'd hate to see the others. The traffic volume in .castle just isn't that high. I think it's best to create sub-theme groups only when there's a clear need due to overall traffic (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: group request castle.ninja

(...) Ditto-ing Frank, although with slightly different reasons... Ninja is the only castle subtheme that is taken on it's own by most people... There's lots of people out there that build Ninja stuff "seperately" and talk about it the same way. (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: group request castle.ancient (was Re: group request castle.ninja)

(...) But Ninja is an established LEGO (sub)theme. Ancient also usually pops up in .build.arch (I'm assuming you are refering to greek, roman ect.) I think it makes sence to make a .castle.ninja group. I agree with Frank and James on why the other (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: group request castle.ancient (was Re: group request castle.ninja)

(...) What if we made a .build.ancient group? (...) Excellent! Man, that stuff is all so great! --Todd (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: group request castle.ninja

(...) Total **ME TOO** in bold letters right about here. -Shiri (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact