 Castle / 7938
Re: group request castle.ninja
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 06:46:02 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Chris Barker <chris@superfami.com> writes:
I'm not much interested in most of the discussions in the general castle
newsgroup and would like a place to discuss the Ninja theme. Can y'all
add a group for the Ninja theme?

Excellent idea!

Although e-mail conversations on the Ninja theme have been entertaining and
enlightening, I would love an open forum where others can join in and share
ideas.  The .castle tone towards the Ninja theme has softened considerably
in the last 2 years, (Insert numerous  quotes about whether it is a castle
theme at all, "Ninja sucks" blah, blah, you can't have guns in .castle,
yadda,yadda) Lugnet.castle is generally not the best place to discuss these
creations since they differ greatly from the Euro-style castle culture + mythos.

KK Quah's castles are fine examples of architecture and castle building
which are worthy of discussion amongst interested builders (see pics
CLSOTW).  If you are like Chris or me (to a lesser degree), the Ninja theme
is a focus of our creative efforts.  Discussions or topics related to this
theme are generally buried or lost amongst the more traditional castle
posts.  I think continued shoe-horning of the Ninja theme into general
.castle is a bad fit for Lugnet and Ninja theme builders.

Hey, over a year ago an idea blossomed into a new Castle group, i.e.
Castleworld
(which is currently doing the big fizzle along with many of the
discontinued themes)

Is the .castle area ready for subgroups of Castle (not just Ninja but
Forestmen, Royal Knights, Black Falcons, etc.)?  It would be fun to install
the whole kit and kaboodle.

--Todd

I think it would be great if that is possible...I think it mght take awhile
to sort out wandering threads and cross posting issues, but go for it...

I think you have both proposed sensible ideas and workable solutions...

                      John
           (back on-line after a long time)