 Castle / 7840 (+20)
  Re: What do you call the alien armor shoulderpads?

(...) Well, I'd be inclined to call it 'pauldrons'. Technically a pauldron only covers the shoulder, but it's the closest thing that comes to mind. It doesn't really have a "real" equivalent. Pauldron (or pawldron, or poldron) is an authentic term, (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn

(...) Oh, I agree. I've always thought that using headlight sockets reversed as windows was just... odd.. I think your idea is better, though. I think I might have one or two of those in red... since I've finally - after almost 5 years of marriage - (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn

(...) Not necessarily. They may have run off an estimated 6 years worth of that pack in 1977 (or whenever it was released) with that being the last good shots the mold had left, and junked the mold. Then it sold a bit slower than expected so you got (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn

(...) Its just a great set. I had it for a birthday way back (look on the bright side, loads of sets come out stateside now you cant get elsewhere) well designed, like the blacksmith and armour shop its an accessory piece to the castles and adds (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What do you call the alien armor shoulderpads?

(...) I'd call it Barbarian Armor. It looks kind of barbarin-like... Matt (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

(...) This isn't going to happen, it seems. Quoted from a Toy Fair report(1): "Lord of the Rings will be a major part of this year's Playmates line. Building upon the interactive voice chip technology used in their very successful Simpsons line, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn

(...) Set 836, a 1982 set per the Guide has the small red windows, I forget the quantities. (...) Well, 836 probably extends the life of the mould a bit... (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn

(...) That's the set that i ordered in 1986! It had 2 1x1x1, 2 1x1x1 & 2 1x1x2 windows. Perhaps Gary can give us some definitive word on the last appearance of these windows? Could it have been in 836? james (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Mk(2) (was Re: Guarded Inn

(...) Nice complementary design! But you need to let that dude out of the stocks, I think he's wasting away. ++Lar (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What do you call the alien armor shoulderpads?

(...) not (...) what (...) Hmmm... I was thinking something along those lines as well. It looks to me like hide armor or furs (especially when worn with a cloak). I might go with that... but I also have to figure out how to make it different from (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Lord of the Rings/Toy Fair info.

I just read this over on IGN and thought I'd let people know here. Copied from the article "Lord of the Rings will be a major part of this year's Playmates line. Building upon the interactive voice chip technology used in their very successful (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops?

(...) Here are some pics of an elephant I made a while back (it was at brickfest). I'm not totally happy with the size. It seems like it should be bigger, but I'm not sure how big an elephant actually is. (URL) Nelson Jr. (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lord of the Rings/Toy Fair info.

I guess this means that Playmates is getting into the clone bricks business. Their license must include 'construction' toys as well as action figures. Too bad we won't be seeing any TLC LotR sets, though if these are cool enough I won't mind (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops?

(...) I'm (...) not (...) I like the elephant, Marc, but I can see how you might think it's a little too small. Not that i'm an expert or anything, perhaps one or two longer and a brick taller, or maybe shorten the legs and add the height to the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn

(...) Sorry to sound "snippy", but don't forget 6080 and 6073, the latter of which I own and the former of which I wish I did.... (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Elephant (Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops?)

(...) Excellent pachyderm dude! I agree with both you and Sean about the size, which is easily remedied, but it IS an awesome likeness. I love how you did the tail, very cool! Hey, if you do make it bigger maybe you could use grey 2x2 round bricks (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops?

(...) Add a brick to the torso thickness. African elephants have long legs, so the legs are fine. How about some tusks ? Maybe the 1 x 2 plate with side thingies in white. Nice job so far though. (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn

(...) Where did you get the corner walls in the yellow tudor design? I don't seem to recall any in castle sets...are they MOC? -- Richard (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn

(...) I cheated. when buying buckets of lego down boot sales I got lots of pirate stuff. ( I do kinda collect pirate stuff, but not so much) bit of masking tape, some car bumper back to black aerosol spray ~ viola. The good thing is it dosent matter (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn

(...) I figured. I think some large-ish "Hydro something or other" set has some of these yellow corner walls too -- just without the tudor wall lines, of course. You know, and I hate to keep plugging this stupid page, but you can score a printable (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact