 Castle / 7856
Re: Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 02:05:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Sean Forbes writes:
In lugnet.castle, Marc Nelson, Jr. writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

Anyone make a howdah for elephant or other creature?  Just curious what's
been done before.

Here are some pics of an elephant I made a while back (it was at brickfest). • I'm
not totally happy with the size. It seems like it should be bigger, but I'm • not
sure how big an elephant actually is.
-Marc Nelson Jr.

I like the elephant, Marc, but I can see how you might think it's a little too
small.  Not that i'm an expert or anything, perhaps one or two longer and a
brick taller, or maybe shorten the legs and add the height to the body.  As is,
though, it looks like a convincing elephant!

Add a brick to the torso thickness.
African elephants have long legs, so the legs are fine.
How about some tusks ? Maybe the 1 x 2 plate with side thingies in white.
Nice job so far though.