 Castle / 8307
Re: Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:01:53 GMT

I was about to dump pictures off my digital camera, when my son asked me to
take a picture of my triceratops with howdah.  So for your amusement I
posted the pic at my wife's web space (no, nothing but a raw picture).
Hannibal appears to have taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque and ended up in
Japan, though.

Bruce

http://www.mindspring.com/~ladygamer/photos/howdahfinal.jpg

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Somehow, I seem to have bid on a triceratops in some auction, and without
realizing it, won.  Paid for it.  Didn't know it was coming.  So here's this
big grey beastie.  I just gave it to my son.

While looking over his latest battle scene, I saw the triceratops in the
thick of things with a black falcon soldier on his back.  Not quite elephant
sized, but close enough for a howdah experiement.  Turned out okay (sorry,
digital camera, but was having FTP problems so no pick quite yet).  I could
fit two guys in, one with a pike and another with a bow.  Now I have to snag
several to make a unit.  :-)

Anyone make a howdah for elephant or other creature?  Just curious what's
been done before.

Bruce