 Castle / 7850
7849  |  7851
Subject:
Lord of the Rings/Toy Fair info.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:52:02 GMT

I just read this over on IGN and thought I'd let people know here.

Copied from the article

"Lord of the Rings will be a major part of this year's Playmates line. Building
upon the interactive voice chip technology used in their very successful
Simpsons line, Playmates' Lord of the Rings action sets will allow collectors
to recreate scenes and dialogue from the film. Featuring movie-accurate
figures, these sets are built on Lego-like platforms with both building blocks
and static scenery. Moreover, they will accommodate standard Lego bricks
allowing any customization one can dream up. Fairly good-sized sets are
affordably priced, and it won't break your wallet to own more than a few.
Unfortunately, as with the Lara Croft 12-inch figures, this line has not yet
received final approval, so pictures were not allowed. "

Check out the full article from Toy Fair at:
http://filmforce.ign.com/news/2012.html

This seems like a pretty big thing to have the static scenery mixed with
bricks.  I know the idea is to use your current Legos to build bigger sets for
the movie figures, but I can't help wondering how these pieces will work into
existing castle MOCs more.

Sean