 Castle / 5670 (+20)
  Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001 ?

I agree! TLC has to stay modern and try new sub-themes to draw in other would be customers. They have seriously hurt a portion of their customer base with the juniorization of many of the lines. True hardcore Lego lovers like to BUILD their own (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Castles Scenarios - Advice needed.-

Hi, I was trying to write a peice on how to make castle and surrounding setllments seem more real. I hit one the (by now not so new) idea of scenarios. However I need some advice on how to create scenarios effectivly and what needs to be considered? (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

Is this set only sold in Europe? It would be nice to have a cheaper set to beef up the Bull's army available in the U.S.. (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001? what ya think ?

(...) Comments below then. (...) Sounds good to me! Any new styles for peasants are welcome :^) (...) Unlikely, TLC has only so many moulding machine to manufacture sets, so when something new arrives something old goes away. (...) Some people (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) No, it's also available in Australia. I believe it is called "Fire Attack". (...) I don't think it is available in the US but as I'm not from there I can't say for sure :) Maybe you'll get it later this year or early next as a theme "top-up"? (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) It's a pretty poor set though -- IMHO <set:4806 4806 Axe Cart> is much better value for parts, weapons etc. --Dave (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

Hi Lindsay... Hi Santosh... Lego is not going to do this for us. We must do it ourselves. But it's fun to speculate (or is that to design?) (...) If somehow Lego were to go and do Roman for a castle theme, we would probably get a make-believe (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) I would agree with you in general on this statement. But, it depends on what you are looking for. I wanted a unit of swordsmen. 4806 is hands down a better set then 4807, but it doesn't provide a sword. I see on Ebay, all the time, the larger (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

Well I'll say this much: i'm not a sharp historian, in fact my history of Rome only goes so far as reading the Penguin History of the world. But Everytime i see any thing roman related, and then when i see lego minifigs, Roman soldiers immediately (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) For the moment, unless you can trade or find some for sale elsewhere, I suppose 4807 is the easiest place to get them -- if you can find a supply of 4807 (Canada maybe, or trades with someone OS?). Another possibility would be to track down (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

Erik Olson wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Britain as a whole you could say was unconquered, but large parts of England (especially the southeast) were very solidly Roman for several hundred years - longer than the US has existed, so a non-trivial period (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

(...) Hey! Instead of doing regional-related sets, they could continue with the movie / book tie - ins! The _Ben Hur_ chariot races... ... _Gladiator_ gladiatorial scenes and triumphal marches ... ... _Horatio at the Bridge_ collectors' edition set (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) Although he's not a bull, I bought a lot of 4801 (Defense Archer) for the dude in the hat. Gave them halberds from Axe Cart and the thousands of axe traps in Ninja - made a large unit of pikemen which looks pretty good. (URL) the set comes (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) For the record, I haven't seen 4807 in Canada. We're supplied from the U.S. directly, now, so I expect our line will no longer be distinct from what the folks south of us get. Jeff Elliott (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

Hehehehehe.... I like the dude with the fish. Is he doing the fish slapping dance? ~M (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) "Welcome aboard, Britisher pig. Quite a little surprise, ja? But perhaps you would be so kind as to tell us all you know about certain allied shipping routes, ja? Come on... talk!" No... actually it's the dreaded Sgt. Kipper. I can't even (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle World.

Hi, I have been following the regional news and the rail news but just noticed Castle ( which is my first love in Lego). I have been enjoying some of the creations on various websites and noticed the Castle World info. I read it all and was (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

The thing that strikes me as odd about 4807 is that it is the only Knights' Kingdom set with the spoked cart wheels, all the others (that have wheels at all) have the big chunky "barbarians making do with what they can hack out of the woods" type. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle World.

(...) There is no better Lego series, where else can you get such an incredible case of megalomaniacalism so quickly? (...) Rules? I've only been a Castle Worlder for such a small amount of time, so what I know is limited, but I don't remember all (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Body Armor

I know of three types of body armor: Classic Castle, Pirates chrome breastplate, and the samurai armor from the Ninja/Castle subtheme. Any others that can be pressed into service? A reasonable price to pay for them (please no "whatever its worth to (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact