 Castle / 5045 (+20)
  Re: Old minfig legs

Man, those parts are old. Before minifigs were created the lego minifg was composed of that leg/base part, a torso with bumps on the side to indicate arms, a standard minifg head without any face or paint, and a cap that is still in use as a (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Butcher's Shop

With a little poking and prodding from Shiri, I posted my latest MOC, the butcher's shop. View at (URL) the horrid lighting, and slightly out of focus pics, I'm still working on that... And, yes, before you even ask Shiri, I'm submitting it to CW. (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Hi, what is castle (Currently spaceaholic!)

(...) The evolution (or degeneration/juniorization) of the Space theme is similar to the Castle theme...most would agree that the "Golden Age" of sets for both of these themes has past, so we all have to be a little more creative (than the people (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Butcher's Shop

(...) Very good idea..."Butchers" were a very important part of the Medieval castle community (especially before spices+ other meat preservatives were readily available) I never gave much thought as to how I would "create a slab of beef"...the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Butcher's Shop

(...) working (...) (name (...) CW (...) Thanks John. You hit the nail on the head, that's exactly what I have planned for Boyle...he hears stuff from everyone, and you never know whether it's true or not... -Chris (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Where ARE these sales?

I know this is a pretty general question, but I'm asking here because this is where I've heard of them... Where do ya'll find these special sales-1/2 off, and damaged and dinged, and whatever they're called? I live in the northern Bay Area, out in (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hi, what is castle (Currently spaceaholic!)

Blah, blah, blah snipped (...) I LOVE the Fright Knights Sets! They're part of what got me back into LEGO and out of my dark ages again! The color combinations I thought were cool. Plus, I like the bats..... (...) I will definitely agree the design (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where ARE these sales?

(...) Aha, you've heard of the wonders of the Lego outlets, probably. Right now, there are only two of them (to the best of my knowledge) - one in VA (Potomac Mills) and one in GA (name??). It is *really* cool to get sets half off there, I was there (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.shopping)

  A statue

These are a few pictures of the statue that will be used in some of my upcoming stories, I haven't decided how to use it yet though. Anyways, here it is: (URL) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A statue

(...) I guess everyone has the same idea...I finished doing have a dozen Samurai ancestor statues to adorn a path inside my Castle walls ...same idea...basically dark gray figs, armor and black hands and head... One of mine will figure prominently i (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pictures of my Unfinished Castle

(...) I'm sort of primarily a space junkie as well, but I've always been into swords-and-sorceryish stuff, too. But yeah, I came back the next day and looked at that and thought, "Zang. Who came up with that idea?" -JDF (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Butcher's Shop

(...) I like it! The red pieces for the meat are surprisingly effective. I guess you have to make sure there isn't any other red nearby. (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: A statue

(...) Very nice! One idea might be to have a black and gray statue somewhere (a deep forest maybe?) The two statues might then be awakened and brought back to fight for a magician or someone ... Needless to say, if you do that, they should be pretty (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Butcher's Shop

Cool little shop - do you intend for it to not have a roof, or is that just temporary so you can show the inside of it? I also like the tree (Geez - the day I can get some trees will be a good day) and I like the pieces of meat of course. Keep up (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: A statue

(...) Great idea! The two statues is a good one. Then they could both be resurrected at a time of dire crisis. Man, now I have so many story ideas floating around in my head. Better get busy on putting some of them on paper. Wilson (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Butcher's Shop

(...) It does have a roof, look at the first pic :-) (...) My thoughts exactly. The small tree looks much more realistic than my big, bulky, wood-peckered one... (1) (...) Me too!! Extremely convincing. (...) He'd better build around it... I know (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: A statue

(...) Shoot, I just built one before I went on-line. The one think I did different was that my figure is mounted on a horse. I just painted the head black, and put a fully-clad knight on it. Rob (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A statue

(...) Well there goes my plot twist....lol (back to the drawing board for that update...lol) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Butcher's Shop

(...) It's just the first building that I've created for my little village. I plan to do a few more shop-type buildings, and a bunch of houses. All I need is the bricks and the time... And I tried to make "meat" for about 45 minutes! I finally found (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Butcher's Shop

(...) -Chris (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact