 Castle / 5049
Re: Butcher's Shop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:56:42 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Robert Blaze Kanehl writes:
In lugnet.castle, Chris Maddison writes:
With a little poking and prodding from Shiri, I posted my latest MOC, the
butcher's shop.  View at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=750
Forgive the horrid lighting, and slightly out of focus pics, I'm still • working
on that...

Very good idea..."Butchers" were a very important part of the Medieval
castle community (especially before spices+ other meat preservatives were
readily available)
I never gave much thought as to how I would "create a slab of beef"...the
ram/lamb was an interesting idea also..

And, yes, before you even ask Shiri, I'm submitting it to CW. ;-)  The shop
owner is Boyle.  He and his son Gunther live at the edge of the village, • (name
not decided yet), and have heard many a tale from passer-by.  Just a little • CW
teasing...LMKWYT!
-Chris

Well, I always like to see pics before stories but don't tell Shiri = )

I like stories told from different perspectives...the point of view of a
peasant, merchant, inn keeper, blacksmith, butcher may be more interesting
some times than the story of a warrior.  It's a great plot device...a
Butcher meets so many different people: locals, travellers, shephards... One
person can then tell many tales (some true, some fantastically exaggerated)
about so many different customers and places.

I'm interested...

                       John

Thanks John.  You hit the nail on the head, that's exactly what I have planned
for Boyle...he hears stuff from everyone, and you never know whether it's true
or not...
-Chris