 Castle / 3546
Re: Erik goes to Nihon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 22:22:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, John Robert Blaze Kanehl writes:
Shiri,

I just got my Mavica,

Congrats!

but I am finding it easier to use everyday...I have a
"pub table" that is higher than your average table (about 3 1/2 ft) so I
have been able to capture some interesting POV shots...I mount my
models/figs o the table and take pictures at table level or just below
looking up...has a comic bookish look..I am working on a new update, so
hopefully I can find some new tricks = )

That's a great idea... too bad I don't have a pub table ;-)
Hmm... that got me thinnking... I should try to put my models on a few books
on top of a table, then place the cam on the table... that would make the
models at level with the lens, making m-f POV shots! I wonder if that'd
work... I hope it will!

BTW, do you use manual focus or auto-focus on the MVC? I discovered that
manual focus, if used well, can result in excellent, sharp close-up pics...
or, if your hand slips, in yucky blurry pics ;-) Thank goodness it's a digital
cam so it doesn't cost me a cent to make bad pics <grin>.

I use manual...autofocus just doesn't capture minifig faces well...

My original pics taken w/ a 35 mm didn't turn out and cost over $30 to
process...at that rate I would be able to buy 3 cameras in a few weeks...